- Subscription and user management
- Increasing the number of users
- Including external or temporary employees
- Restrict communication to internal contacts (closed user group)
- Withdrawing access to the app or revoking an ID
- Integration into Active Directory and similar directory services
- Walkthrough: Adjusting the contact list
- Walkthrough: Adjusting the app with Threema MDM
- Meaning of the tilde character in the contact list
- Appearance of new users in the contact list
- Walkthrough: Use Threema Safe to automatically create backups
- Customize content and appearance
- Managing access privileges
- Setting up two-factor authentication
- Firewall settings
- Define backup options
- Restrict backup options
- Technical requirements
Walkthrough: Use Threema Safe to automatically create backups
Threema Safe allows to automatically create backups of your users’ most important Threema data and settings on a regular basis. By means of MDM parameters, you can determine whether your users can (A), cannot (B), or must (C) use Threema Safe. By default, Threema Safe can be used.
(A) Threema Safe can be used
Generally, you don’t need to adjust any MDM parameters if you want to allow your users to choose whether to use Threema Safe or not. Please note, however:
If you have set
true, you need to set this parameter to
falsein order to allow your users to use Threema Safe.
If you have already set
false, you need to delete this parameter in order to allow your users to use Threema Safe. If
th_safe_enableis set, it is either mandatory (
true) or impossible (
false) to use Threema Safe.
th_safe_server_url to specify the server on which Threema Safe backups are stored. If
th_safe_server_url isn’t set, your users can store Threema Safe backups on the Threema server or on any other server. Learn how to set up your server for Threema Safe…
(B) Threema Safe cannot be used
false to prevent your users from using Threema Safe. If you have already set
true, it’s not necessary to set the
th_safe_enable parameter. If
th_disable_backups is set to
true, no backups can be created.
(C) Threema Safe must be used
First, make sure that
th_skip_wizard are not set to
true. Then, set
true. This configuration enforces the use of Threema Safe.
If you want to store your users’ Threema Safe backups on your own server, specify the URL to the Threema Safe directory on your server in
th_safe_server_url. If this parameter isn’t set, your users’ Threema Safe backups will be stored on the Threema server. If your server requires authentication, please specify username and password in
Automatically restore Threema ID: This requires an external MDM system and is not available in Threema MDM. If you set
th_safe_restore_id, the backup will be restored without user interaction. Users don’t need to enter a password when re-installing the app or switching to a new device and can continue to use Threema Work immediately.