- Subscription and user management
- Increasing the number of users
- Including external or temporary employees
- Restrict communication to internal contacts (closed user group)
- Withdrawing access to the app or revoking an ID
- Integration into Active Directory and similar directory services
- Walkthrough: Adjusting the contact list
- Walkthrough: Adjusting the app with Threema MDM
- Meaning of the tilde character in the contact list
- Appearance of new users in the contact list
- Walkthrough: Use Threema Safe to automatically create backups
- Customize content and appearance
- Managing access privileges
- Setting up two-factor authentication
- Firewall settings
- Define backup options
- Restrict backup options
- Technical requirements
Walkthrough: Adjusting the app with Threema MDM
Find out how to preconfigure the Threema Work app using Threema MDM.
If you aren’t using an external MDM system or would like to preconfigure the app for users who bring their own devices (BYOD), we recommend using Threema MDM.
This walkthrough is based on a fictitious example in which the administrator wants to allow the creation of group chats only for individual users, whereas the majority of users is not allowed to create group chats.
Adjustment for all users (global values)
- Open the menu “Threema MDM” in the Threema Work management cockpit, which expands the submenu“Global values”.
- In addition to the name of a parameter, the table contains a short description of the impact aparameter change has in the app.
- In our example, activate th_disable_create_group, and set the parameter to
Adjustments for individual users (individual values)
- Open the “Individual values” submenu, and click on a username to select one or more users who may use the app differently than what the global settings define.
- Clicking on “Continue” (the amount of selected users is shown in brackets) allows you to adjust the app further.
- Activate the parameter, and leave the setting
You have now successfully configured the app in a way that allows only predefined users to create a group chat.
Efficient input of individual values
If your subscription contains more than a dozen users, having to manually edit each value can be cumbersome, and it might be a good idea to import the values using a CSV file. In the management cockpit, navigate to “Threema MDM”, select “Import / Export”, and proceed as follows:
- Export the MDM values as CSV file
- Edit the MDM values in the CSV file
- Import the edited CSV file
The individual values are now set.
To automate the process, you can use the Threema Work API.
Good to know
- Individual settings for individual users are treated with a higher priority than globalsettings for all users, i.e., individual settings overwrite global settings.
- All app customization parameters are documented both in the management cockpit andin Threema Work website’s help section.
- A few parameters (those that are not “renewable”, see parameterdocumentation) are only set when users license the app. For users who have completed the setup process, a change to these values will only become effective if they reinstall the app or generate a new ID.