ID Export and Data Backup
- Why is it important to export my ID?
- I have got a new phone – how do I transfer my data?
- What is the difference between a Threema ID and an ID export?
- I lost my data! Can Threema somehow recover and send it to me?
- I didn't receive my verification email or SMS! What can I do?
- I have a new ID — How can I delete my old ID?
- I got a new phone number — what do I do?
- I created a new ID — how come my contacts still see my old ID?
- How can I unlink my Threema ID from an email address or phone number?
- How can I move my ID to a new device?
I have got a new phone – how do I transfer my data?
- In the “Backup Path” section, tap “Change,” and follow the on-screen instructions to define where the backup will be created on your device’s file system.
- Tap the “+” button in the lower right corner.
- Create an ID export on your previous device: Tap on “My Profile”, then select “ID export”, and activate the option “Include in phone backup” after exporting your ID. Make sure to store this password in a safe place; without it, you won’t be able to restore the exported ID.
- Transfer your data using Quick Start from your old to the new device (or create an encrypted iTunes or computer backup of your old device, and restore it on your new device).
- When starting Threema for the first time, tap on “Restore from Backup”, select “Keep local data”, and tap “ID Export”. The ID-export string is prepopulated. What’s left to do for you is to enter the ID export’s password and to confirm by tapping “Done”.
- Make sure your data was transferred correctly. If that’s the case, delete your ID on your old phone to make sure you receive notifications on the new device: On your old phone, open the My Profile tab, and select “Delete Data and ID.”