- Why is it important to export my ID?
- I have got a new phone – how do I transfer my data?
- What is the difference between a Threema ID and an ID export?
- I lost my data! Can Threema somehow recover and send it to me?
- I didn't receive my verification email or SMS! What can I do?
- I have a new ID — How can I delete my old ID?
- I got a new phone number — what do I do?
- I created a new ID — how come my contacts still see my old ID?
- How can I unlink my Threema ID from an email address or phone number?
- How can I move my ID to a new device?
I lost my data! Can Threema somehow recover and send it to me?
We have no access to your data. If you would like to restore your ID, messages or contacts, you need both a backup and the associated password. If some of the information is missing, your data is not accessible anymore. We can provide you with the following general recommendations:
- Ask your chat partner if he or she can send you the messages/media files once more, or if he or she can export the conversation as a text file.
- Adjust Threema's settings to automatically save incoming media files to the standard media folder of your operating system. This will keep these files accessible to you even if you delete the app.
- Create a PIN lock for your app, e.g. to protect your ID in case of theft of your device.