- Why is it important to export my ID?
- I have got a new phone – how do I transfer my data?
- What is the difference between a Threema ID and an ID export?
- I lost my data! Can Threema somehow recover and send it to me?
- I didn't receive my verification email or SMS! What can I do?
- I have a new ID — How can I delete my old ID?
- I got a new phone number — what do I do?
- I created a new ID — how come my contacts still see my old ID?
- How can I unlink my Threema ID from an email address or phone number?
- How can I move my ID to a new device?
What is the difference between a Threema ID and an ID export?
To restore a Threema ID, you need an ID export (or a Threema Safe backup). It consists of 80 digits and letters in groups of four characters (separated with dashes). You string is shown in two ways when exporting an ID: as plain text for copying/pasting and as a QR code.
In the restore menu, you can either enter the long string manually, or you can scan the QR code. Restoration is only possible with an ID export. If you mistakenly scan a public Threema ID, you will see a long string after scanning that starts with “3mid:”. Restoration will not be successful in that case. Please ensure that you are using an ID export for restoration.