- How do I share my Threema ID?
- What do the three colored dots next to a contact mean?
- Why are some of my friends missing on my Threema contact list?
- Why are some IDs grayed out or struck through?
- Some of my contacts are displayed twice in my address book — what can I do?
- How can I change/set the name of a contact?
- What does the symbol next to a contact mean?
- How can I retain my contacts' verification levels?
- What is the Threema Channel?
- What’s the purpose of the “ECHOECHO” ID?
- What does the tilde character in the contact list mean?
Some of my contacts are displayed twice in my address book — what can I do?
You can get rid of duplicate contacts by deactivating the setting “Show inactive IDs” (Android) or by activating the setting Hide Stale Contacts (iOS) in Settings > Appearance. Stale contacts are IDs that haven't been used for more than three months. Therefore, it might take a while for contacts to be marked as inactive.
Alternatively, you can navigate to a contact’s detail view, activate “Exclude from auto sync,” delete the contact, and it won’t show up again when performing contact synchronizations.