- How do I share my Threema ID?
- What do the three colored dots next to a contact mean?
- Why are some of my friends missing on my Threema contact list?
- Why are some IDs grayed out or struck through?
- Some of my contacts are displayed twice in my address book — what can I do?
- How can I change/set the name of a contact?
- What does the symbol next to a contact mean?
- How can I retain my contacts' verification levels?
- What is the Threema Channel?
- What’s the purpose of the “ECHOECHO” ID?
- What does the tilde character in the contact list mean?
What does the tilde character in the contact list mean?
The tilde character (~) in front of a contact’s name indicates that the name is a nickname (e.g. “~Bob”). A user can choose any nickname, which might not correspond to the actual name of said user (e.g. “Robert Smith”).