- What do the symbols next to a message mean?
- Why do messages to certain contacts not appear as read?
- How can I tell whether the app is connected to the server?
- Why are incoming messages sometimes delayed or only arrive once I open the app?
- How can I send emojis?
- Why don't previews in push notifications work properly?
- Why doesn’t my chat partner receive my messages?
- How can I make sure this is working when I don't know anybody who has installed it yet?
- How long do messages stay in queue for delivery?
- I am receiving unwanted messages. What can I do?
- Why can't I send a video?
- How can I mute individual chats?
- What does it cost to send a message?
- Which ports need to be open on my network?
How can I make sure this is working when I don't know anybody who has installed it yet?
There is a special ID named ECHOECHO that simply echoes back all messages that you send to it. Scan this QR code to verify its key:
Note that in general, QR codes for ID verification should not be sent over the Internet but only scanned from the personal mobile phone of the respective person in order to ensure that there has been no manipulation by third parties.