- What do the symbols next to a message mean?
- Why do messages to certain contacts not appear as read?
- How can I tell whether the app is connected to the server?
- Why are incoming messages sometimes delayed or only arrive once I open the app?
- How can I send emojis?
- Why don't previews in push notifications work properly?
- Why doesn’t my chat partner receive my messages?
- How can I make sure this is working when I don't know anybody who has installed it yet?
- How long do messages stay in queue for delivery?
- I am receiving unwanted messages. What can I do?
- Why can't I send a video?
- How can I mute individual chats?
- What does it cost to send a message?
- Which ports need to be open on my network?
Why can't I send a video?
Everything you send with Threema is encrypted before sending. This can require a high processor load, especially on older devices. We strive to provide both security and performance to all our users independently of their devices, which is why the sending of videos is currently possible within the following limits:
Android: Irrespective of its duration, the video's file size cannot exceed 50 MB. If you are using Android 4.3 or higher, you can compress videos in Threema > Settings > Media, allowing you to send even very large files, depending on the compression type.
iOS: Videos in high quality can be up to 24 minutes long; in low quality, videos can be up to 112 minutes long.