- What do the symbols next to a message mean?
- Why do messages to certain contacts not appear as read?
- How can I tell whether the app is connected to the server?
- Why are incoming messages sometimes delayed or only arrive once I open the app?
- How can I send emojis?
- Why don't previews in push notifications work properly?
- Why doesn’t my chat partner receive my messages?
- How can I make sure this is working when I don't know anybody who has installed it yet?
- How long do messages stay in queue for delivery?
- I am receiving unwanted messages. What can I do?
- Why can't I send a video?
- How can I mute individual chats?
- What does it cost to send a message?
- Which ports need to be open on my network?
Which ports need to be open on my network?
If you are using Threema behind a Firewall, please make sure that the following TCP ports are open:
To make Threema Calls, port 3478 or port 53 needs to be open for outgoing UDP STUN/TURN traffic.
To reliably receive push notifications, the following TCP ports need to be open:
- 5223 (Apple)
- 5228-5230 (Google)