Detailed information about data protection when visiting and interacting with the Threema Website can be found here (PDF).
Who is responsible for processing personal data?
Threema GmbH, Churerstrasse 82, 8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland, is responsible for the
processing of personal data.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at
privacy at threema dot ch.
What purposes does Threema process personal data for?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Delivery of the Threema Website;
- Recording, processing, and answering of support requests, feedback, and business inquiries (voluntary and optional);
- Carrying-out of prize draws (voluntary and optional);
- Public relations (voluntary and optional);
- Marketing analysis (only for business customers);
- Information security.
What personal data is processed?
When visiting the Threema Website, the following personal data is processed:
- IP address.
Depending on how you interact with the Threema Website, we process the following personal data if you voluntarily provide and submit it:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Customer status.
What personal data is stored and for how long?
The following personal data is stored by us (storage period in brackets):
- IP address (for 10 days in logfiles and only if an error occurs when calling up the Threema Website);
- First name (in principle for a maximum of 6 to 12 months or until revocation);
- Last name (in principle for a maximum of 6 to 12 months or until revocation);
- Company (in principle for a maximum of 6 to 12 months or until revocation);
- Email address (in principle for a maximum of 6 to 12 months or until revocation);
- Telephone number (in principle for a maximum of 6 to 12 months or until revocation);
- Customer status (in principle for a maximum of 6 to 12 months or until revocation).
Is personal data disclosed to third parties?
We make every effort to process the personal data that occurs when using the Threema Website exclusively on our own hardware (servers) in Switzerland.
The following companies located in Switzerland and the EU/EEA are commissioned by us as processors:
- In order for you to register for and participate in webinars, Livestorm SAS located in France processes the first name, last name, company, and email address.
What rights do you have?