- What features does Threema offer?
- How do I create a poll?
- How do I use the agree/disagree feature?
- What are Private Chats and how can I use them?
- How do I add text formatting to a message?
- What is the QR code good for?
- Can I use Threema without a SIM card?
- How can I export a chat?
- How can I send a file?
- How can I change the design theme?
- How do I quote a text message?
- Can I use Threema on multiple devices simultaneously?
- What is the “pin” feature good for?
- How do I archive chats?
- How can I share my location?
How can I export a chat?
To save a chat outside of Threema, you can export it as encrypted ZIP archive (which will contain the chat as text
file and, optionally, all media files). Please note that exported chats cannot be imported into Threema again; to
transfer your chats to another device (or to restore them later on the current device), use a data backup.
- Android: In the chat list, tap and hold a chat, and then tap the “Share” button. You can save or send the chat as an encrypted ZIP file using your installed apps.
- iOS: In a contact’s or a chat’s detail view, tap “Export Conversation”.
Chat exports are encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Therefore, a modern file archiver, such as The Unarchiver for macOS or 7-Zip for Windows, is required to unpack a chat export. Some other apps don’t recognize the encryption and return an error message stating that the provided password is incorrect (even though you have entered the password correctly).