- What features does Threema offer?
- How do I create a poll?
- How do I use the agree/disagree feature?
- What are Private Chats and how can I use them?
- How do I add text formatting to a message?
- What is the QR code good for?
- Can I use Threema without a SIM card?
- How can I export a chat?
- How can I send a file?
- How can I change the design theme?
- How do I quote a text message?
- Can I use Threema on multiple devices simultaneously?
- What is the “pin” feature good for?
- How do I archive chats?
- How can I share my location?
- How do I send GIFs?
How can I send a file?
Use Threema to send files of any type (PDF, animated GIF, MP3, DOC, ZIP, etc.). Just like all other messages, files are end-to-end encrypted. The maximum file size is 50 MB (it might, however, not be possible to send large files on older devices due to insufficient memory). To avoid compression of an image or video, you can send it as file. Please note: If you send an image as file, its EXIF tags (possibly containing information such as the date and location the image was taken) are preserved.
Android: In a chat, tap on the paperclip icon, and select
iOS: In a chat, tap on the “+”, and select “Share File”. Due to restrictions of iOS
regarding the file system, you can only access content of apps that support file sharing.