- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How can I save (media) files?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
What are distribution lists?
On Android, distribution lists can be used to send messages to multiple recipients. In contrast to group chats, messages are sent to the recipients separately when using distribution lists. Thus, the recipients are unaware of the fact that other recipients have received the same message. Sending a message to a distribution list is essentially the same as sending the message to each member of the distribution list in a single chat.
To create a distribution list on Android, proceed as follows:
- In Threema’s main screen, open the menu (by tapping the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner), and select “New distribution list”
- Select the recipients who shall receive messages sent to this distribution list, and conclude your selection by tapping the check mark in the top right corner
- Specify a name for the distribution list, and confirm by tapping “OK”