- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How can I save (media) files?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
Here is an explanation of the most important permissions that Threema for Android requires:
- Read/write contacts
Required for address book synchronization. If the synchronization is off, contact data is not accessed.
Required for contact verification via QR code and for the built-in camera app.
Required for Threema calls and voice messages.
Used for the “Send location” feature.
Used for contact synchronization resp. integration into the account management of Android.
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Required for reading and storing media files (images, videos, documents).
- Make and manage phone calls
Required to reject incoming phone calls while a Threema call is ongoing.