How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
You might be experiencing issues with Threema after upgrading your phone's operating system or making other changes to your phone. In such a case it might be necessary to reinstall the app. To avoid a losing your data, please follow the steps below:
- Create a data backup in Threema including media files (find out how).
- Go to Android > Settings > Apps > Threema.
- Tap on “Delete data” and uninstall the app. Do the same for Threema's plugins.
- Reboot your phone and reinstall the app and the plugins.
- Open Threema and restore the previously created backup with our setup wizard.
Other useful topics