- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How can I save (media) files?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
Yes, if you buy the app from the Threema Shop, you don’t need a Google account.
You can also use Threema without Google Play Services. In this case, you will not receive push notifications, but using Threema’s “polling” feature you can still get notified about incoming messages.
If you use a Huawei device that’s not equipped with Google Services, you can download Threema from the Huawei AppGallery.