- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How can I save (media) files?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
To use custom ringtones and notification sounds on Android, please perform the following steps:
- Copy your ringtone sound files to the folder “ringtones” and notification sound files to the folder “notifications”. Alternatively, you can use third-party apps like Ringtone Maker, which will take care of copying the files to the correct location for you.
- In the Threema app, navigate to Settings > Notifications, where you can now select the sound files you have just added.