- Subscription and user management
- Increasing the number of users
- Including external or temporary employees
- Restrict communication to internal contacts (closed user group)
- Withdrawing access to the app or revoking an ID
- Integration into Active Directory and similar directory services
- Walkthrough: Adjusting the contact list
- Walkthrough: Adjusting the app with Threema MDM
- Meaning of the tilde character in the contact list
- Appearance of new users in the contact list
- Walkthrough: Use Threema Safe to automatically create backups
- Customize content and appearance
- Managing access privileges
- Setting up two-factor authentication
- Firewall settings
- Define backup options
- Restrict backup options
- Technical requirements
Integration into Active Directory and similar directory services
To integrate Threema Work into your central directory service (such as MS Exchange, AD, or LDAP), please use our APIs:
Different ways of integrating Threema Work into your central directory service are illustrated below.
In-app contact list
The Threema Work app can optionally synchronize its contact list with the address book of the mobile device. If the address book is linked to your central directory service (e.g., MS Exchange, AD, or LDAP), the contacts are mapped automatically to the appropriate Threema IDs, and contacts who use Threema appear in the app’s contact list. Learn here how to label internal contacts.
If you disable contact synchronization on the mobile devices, you can still add contacts via the management cockpit. The Threema Work API allows to automate the process of adding contacts to the management cockpit.
Using the Threema Work API, you can automate administration and user management. Any management task that can be completed using the management cockpit can be completed using the API, for example:
- Define, edit, and remove credentials
- Manage the contact list
- Revoke or detach Threema IDs
- Preconfigure the app (set a nickname, link a phone number, etc.)
Broadcast: Groups, feeds, and distribution lists
Threema Broadcast is the perfect tool for efficient top-down communication. Using the Broadcast API, you can dispatch messages and manage feeds, distribution lists, and groups. Integrating Threema Broadcast into your directory service (e.g., MS Exchange, AD, or LDAP) is quite easy.