Google just launched Android Auto. Threema was chosen as an exclusive launch partner of this exciting project. Android Auto notifies you about incoming Threema notifications on the car dashboard's head unit. You can listen to text messages via text-to-speech, and directly reply by voice input. Android Auto will be available for new models of all major international car manufacturers.
We've just launched our brand new “Threema Gateway” product. It allows you to encrypt, send, receive and decrypt messages directly from your own application. The code for integrating a Threema backend into your own software environment is available in PHP, Java and Python and released with an Open Source license.
This new pre-paid service is more feature-rich, versatile and cheaper than traditional SMS gateways. It offers the highest possible security you've come to expect from Threema thanks to its reliable end-to-end encryption based on the well reputed NaCl cryptography library. All IDs used for messages sent via “Threema Gateway” start with an asterisk (*) and consist of 8 characters in total. You're free to choose your own Threema ID. Example: *THREEMA https://gateway.threema.ch
This version is mainly a bugfix release. It also adds a few smaller improvements and features:
- Set an individual ringtone for each contact
- Set password for key revocation directly from within the app. If your ID gets lost or stolen simply revoke it on https://myid.threema.ch/revoke
- Widget to display unread messages on desktop or lock screen
- Bug fixes and improvements
The voice message plugin was also updated to 1.1. It now allows you to preview recorded voice messages before sending them.
This release brings:
- Video compression (Android 4.3+)
- Launch video camera directly from chat
- Display text messages as QR code, scan any QR code and send as a text message (Facilitates transferring passwords etc. from a chat message to another device)
- Individual wallpapers for each chat
- Optionally save encrypted ID to Android Backup (if enabled)
- Preparations for advanced group administration
- Bug fixes and improvements
The release brings:
- Forwarding of messages to other users or groups
- Improvements to increase randomness when generating a new ID (by including data of the device's movements)
- Closed polls can now be deleted
- Preparations for advanced group administration (will be activated with next release)
- And we did some bugfixes
Welcome to a completely new feature in the messaging world. How often do you need to find an agreement with your friends, family or partner?
With the Threema Poll Feature, this just became a breeze:
- easily create a poll with a predefined set of choices
- let your friends vote for their favorite
- view the summed up results
- single and multiple choice are supported
- decide if intermediate results can be seen by the participants
It has never been that easy to decide on something with your peers.
Enabled on Threema versions Android 2.1 and iOS 2.1.
All iOS users can look forward to a great update. Among other things, the new update 2.0 provides:
- Option to hide stale contacts (inactive for more than three months)
- Redesigned image and video message bubbles
- New chat header with quick access to media (including videos)
- Allow editing contact immediately after scanning
- Display a text message as a QR code by using the "Share" menu – simplifies securely transferring passwords etc. from a chat message to another device
- Preparation for upcoming feature
Threema for Android gets a big update today. Threema's design has been refreshed and modernized, inspired by Google's new «Material Design». The app now also supports tablets with a multi-pane layout and allows you to acknowledge or answer messages directly from Android Wear devices such as smartwatches. The update 2.0 further includes:
- Option to hide stale contacts (inactive for more than 3 months)
- Material design inspired menus, toolbars, etc.
- Redesigned navigation drawer
- Floating action buttons
- Combined notifications with picture/video preview
- Search contacts in contact list
- and much more
See here for the full change log.
Hooray! Threema for Windows Phone will be released this Thursday, November 27. In celebration of the day the first 10'000 users will get Threema at half price! Note the date and tell your friends
Show your friends and family how convenient secure communication and privacy protection can be. The Threema Shop for Android and the iTunes App Store make it possible to present your loved ones with Threema in just a few simple steps.
Gift for iOS Users
- Go to the Apple App Store and search for Threema
- Tap on the detailed view
- Tap right on top on the corner on forward and choose «Gift»
- Follow the further instructions given on the screen
Gift for Android Users
- Purchase one or more licenses in our Threema shop
- After succesful payment you will receive an email with the license keys
- Distribute the license to your presentee, for instance by email
- Your loved ones can redeem the licenses here
- New versions of the app can be automatically updated using the «About Threema» screen
Threema has many features and with any update new are coming. Some are obvious some not and sometimes it’s easier to learn something looking at a video than looking up itself. Therefore we publish tutorial clips on our youtube-channel. Youtube Channel
The registration for the beta tester program Windows Phone is closed. We will start with beta testing soon.
Gradually but steadily. The Windows version of Threema stands in the wings. The beta phase will start soon and we are looking for beta testers. Sign up now! Beta Tester Application
Mobile messaging apps are more popular than ever, but what security and privacy is concerned, the big names leave a lot to be desired. The Threema app offers a proven, serious and trustworthy alternative. Have fun with our new video clip.