You won’t get privacy for free. But until Sunday, you’ll get it for less than a Dollar. Download Threema now for half off the regular price! The offer starts Thursday, June 18, and ends Sunday, June 21. Get Threema now for only $ 0.99 / € 0.99.
Threema, Germany's favorite secure messenger, is designed to keep messages, photos and all other data about you, out of the hands of hackers, advertisers and the government. With this temporary price reduction we would like to introduce Threema to a new audience. Help us to spread the word!
Download Threema now: Go to the app store
Tell your friends about the half off special offer: with E-Mail
Threema reaffirms its commitment to Microsoft's Windows Phone platform. Users benefit from an update that dramatically improves the the performance of Threema's Windows Phone app.
- The stability of the app has been greatly enhanced
- Significant work has been done to ensure the reliability of push notifications and group messages
- Many more smaller and bigger bug fixes and optimizations are included in the current update
We're pushing the development of Threema for Windows Phone to the next level. Stay tuned for more functional enhancements to be released in the next few months.
Enjoy the performance boost of this new version of the app!
We've added a few attractive features to Threema Gateway.
Test Threema Gateway for free: Even if you do not have your own custom Threema ID yet, you can now test Threema Gateway for free and without obligation. As a registered Threema Gateway user, you can send a limited number of messages to Threema IDs of your choice using our provided simple Web GUI.
Set your own custom profile picture: Jazz up your messages by setting a custom logo as profile picture for your Threema ID. The picture will be shown on the recipient's phone. Setting a custom profile picture is completely free and helps you ensuring a higher recognition value for your company or your brand.
Try it out: Threema Gateway
The wait is over – the new version of Threema for Windows Phone is here! Version 1.2.1 supports group administration: you can now create a group chat and add new group members. However, you can not remove group members at this point; this feature will be added soon. We have also improved the general appearance of the application. New colored avatars give a nice look and feel. The current update also adds a few improvements and bug fixes. We have not forgotten you – stay tuned!
This update 1.2.1 includes:
- Group administration: create a group and add new group members
- Colored default avatars
- Bug fixes and many improvements
We have published an update for the iOS version of Threema. On iOS, group administrators can now remove group members too. The second big announcement is that we have made Threema iPad compatible; the look and feel and user experience is now optimized for iPad screens. Besides, version 2.3 further improves accessibility support (VoiceOver). All in all the update 2.3 for iOS includes:
- Enjoy Threema on the iPad. We have made the app iPad compatible.
- Improved group management: group administrators can now remove members from a group
- Better support for accessibility (VoiceOver)
- Bug fixes and small improvements
We just posted an exciting update of our Android app. Finally, administrators can kick members from existing groups. We also added a more feature-rich image preview that allows you to rotate, remove and sort multiple images before sending them. The emoji picker was thoroughly redesigned to enable direct access to emoji categories. Besides, a few new emojis from Unicode 7.0 and dozens of country flags have been added. Here's a list of new features and changes in version 2.3:
- Administrators can kick members from groups
- Enhanced image preview (multi select, add, rotate, sort, remove)
- Comprehensive full text search in conversations
- Include media files when sharing chats
- Redesigned emoji picker with new emojis and flags
- Improved smart watch support
- Use proximity sensor to determine audio output of voice messages
- Many small improvements and bug fixes
- Updated translations
We have an iOS update for you:
- Revoke IDs: By defining a revocation password in MyID you can permanently revoke the ID via https://myid.threema.ch/revoke
- Open polls can now be deleted
- Fixed audio messages on iOS7
Google just launched Android Auto. Threema was chosen as an exclusive launch partner of this exciting project. Android Auto notifies you about incoming Threema notifications on the car dashboard's head unit. You can listen to text messages via text-to-speech, and directly reply by voice input. Android Auto will be available for new models of all major international car manufacturers.
We've just launched our brand new “Threema Gateway” product. It allows you to encrypt, send, receive and decrypt messages directly from your own application. The code for integrating a Threema backend into your own software environment is available in PHP, Java and Python and released with an Open Source license.
This new pre-paid service is more feature-rich, versatile and cheaper than traditional SMS gateways. It offers the highest possible security you've come to expect from Threema thanks to its reliable end-to-end encryption based on the well reputed NaCl cryptography library. All IDs used for messages sent via “Threema Gateway” start with an asterisk (*) and consist of 8 characters in total. You're free to choose your own Threema ID. Example: *THREEMA https://gateway.threema.ch
This version is mainly a bugfix release. It also adds a few smaller improvements and features:
- Set an individual ringtone for each contact
- Set password for key revocation directly from within the app. If your ID gets lost or stolen simply revoke it on https://myid.threema.ch/revoke
- Widget to display unread messages on desktop or lock screen
- Bug fixes and improvements
The voice message plugin was also updated to 1.1. It now allows you to preview recorded voice messages before sending them.
This release brings:
- Video compression (Android 4.3+)
- Launch video camera directly from chat
- Display text messages as QR code, scan any QR code and send as a text message (Facilitates transferring passwords etc. from a chat message to another device)
- Individual wallpapers for each chat
- Optionally save encrypted ID to Android Backup (if enabled)
- Preparations for advanced group administration
- Bug fixes and improvements
The release brings:
- Forwarding of messages to other users or groups
- Improvements to increase randomness when generating a new ID (by including data of the device's movements)
- Closed polls can now be deleted
- Preparations for advanced group administration (will be activated with next release)
- And we did some bugfixes
Welcome to a completely new feature in the messaging world. How often do you need to find an agreement with your friends, family or partner?
With the Threema Poll Feature, this just became a breeze:
- easily create a poll with a predefined set of choices
- let your friends vote for their favorite
- view the summed up results
- single and multiple choice are supported
- decide if intermediate results can be seen by the participants
It has never been that easy to decide on something with your peers.
Enabled on Threema versions Android 2.1 and iOS 2.1.
All iOS users can look forward to a great update. Among other things, the new update 2.0 provides:
- Option to hide stale contacts (inactive for more than three months)
- Redesigned image and video message bubbles
- New chat header with quick access to media (including videos)
- Allow editing contact immediately after scanning
- Display a text message as a QR code by using the "Share" menu – simplifies securely transferring passwords etc. from a chat message to another device
- Preparation for upcoming feature
Threema for Android gets a big update today. Threema's design has been refreshed and modernized, inspired by Google's new «Material Design». The app now also supports tablets with a multi-pane layout and allows you to acknowledge or answer messages directly from Android Wear devices such as smartwatches. The update 2.0 further includes:
- Option to hide stale contacts (inactive for more than 3 months)
- Material design inspired menus, toolbars, etc.
- Redesigned navigation drawer
- Floating action buttons
- Combined notifications with picture/video preview
- Search contacts in contact list
- and much more
See here for the full change log.