- How can I set my profile picture?
- How can I remove my profile picture?
- How can I show/hide my contacts’ profile pictures?
- Why are no profile pictures displayed?
How can I set my profile picture?
- Open the “My Profile” tab
- Tap the camera icon in the white circle (or in the current profile picture) below “Profile picture and nickname”
- Choose between “Take photo” and “Select from gallery”
- Crop the image, and confirm by tapping “Crop”
- To define who can see your profile picture, tap the option below “Who can see your profile picture?”
- Navigate to the “My Profile” tab, and tap on the avatar icon (or the current profile picture if one is already set)
- Tap “Pick image” (or tap the current profile picture if one is already set), and select an existing picture, or snap a photo
- Crop the image, and confirm by tapping “Choose”
- To choose who is allowed to see your profile picture, tap “Release profile picture to”
For privacy reasons, profile pictures are not stored on a server, they are transmitted between users upon message exchange and are end-to-end encrypted.
The next time you send someone a message, your profile picture
will be transmitted automatically (provided your settings allow it). Alternatively, you can transmit your profile
picture manually to a contact by tapping “Send profile picture now” in the contact’s detail view.
contact has disabled profile pictures, your profile picture will not be displayed
in their contact list and chat overview.