- Ways of deploying the app
- What to consider when defining credentials
- Manual deployment for unmanaged devices (without MDM system)
- Rollout and deployment with MDM system
- Threema MDM: Remote app configuration in the management cockpit (without a regular MDM system)
- Supported MDM systems
- Containerization of the app
- MobileIron AppConnect vs. Android Enterprise
- Activation of the app using activation links
What to consider when defining credentials
The Threema Work app must be activated using credentials before it is ready for use. Depending on whether the app is deployed manually or via MDM system, the process of defining credentials differs slightly.
Manual deployment (unmanaged devices): individual credentials / single-user licenses
When deploying the Threema Work app manually to unmanaged devices, individual credentials (single-user licenses) are appropriate, which means that each user gets separate credentials to activate the app. If you would use the same credentials for different users (multi-user license), you could not withdraw a user’s access to the app by deleting their credentials or preconfigure the app using Threema MDM.
Deployment via MDM system (managed devices): global credentials / multi-user license
When deploying the Threema Work app using an MDM system, the credentials are distributed along with the app. The preconfiguration of the app is carried out directly in the MDM system, where you can, for example, activate contact synchronization, link a phone number, or set the user’s first and last name (learn more). When deploying the app using an MDM system, you don’t need to define different credentials for each user. Simply use the same username/password pair as multi-user license for all users. If staff changes occur, an individual user’s access to the app can be withdrawn via the MDM system.