- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How can I save (media) files?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
Problems with push notifications on Xiaomi devices
If your Xiaomi device vibrates when messages arrive but no popup is displayed and no sound is emitted, please activate the notification signals as described in this guide. If you only receive messages when you open the app, please perform the following steps:
- Reboot your phone.
- Navigate to “Settings > Additional Settings > Battery and Performance > Manage apps’ battery usage”, and turn “Power saving modes” off.*
- Open the Security app, navigate to Permissions, and add Threema to Autostart.*
- Summon the Task Manager (by pressing the menu button on your device), find Threema, drag it downwards until the padlock icon appears, and tap the padlock icon.*
- In the app Security, open settings (by tapping the cog icon in the top right corner), select “Data usage”, and activate “Allow background data”.*
- It might also help to turn off Memory Optimization in MIUI’s “Developer Settings options” (in Settings > Additional Settings). To enable “Developer settings”, navigate to Settings > About Phone, and tap multiple times on “MIUI version”.*
Should the problem persist after you have completed the steps listed above, please follow the general troubleshooting instructions.
*) The menu paths specified here apply to MIUI 8.5 on Android 6.0. Depending on device and software version, designation and location of menu items may differ.