Problems with push notifications on Xiaomi devices
If you experience problems with push notifications on a Xiaomi device, please perform the following steps:
- Reboot your phone.
- Navigate to “Settings > Additional Settings > Battery and Performance > Manage apps’ battery usage”, and turn “Power saving modes” off.*
- Open the Security app, navigate to Permissions, and add Threema to Autostart.*
- Summon the Task Manager (by pressing the menu button on your device), find Threema, drag it downwards until the padlock icon appears, and tap the padlock icon.*
- In the app Security, open settings (by tapping the cog icon in the top right corner), select “Data usage”, and activate “Allow background data”.*
- It might also help to turn off Memory Optimization in MIUI’s “Developer Settings options” (in Settings > Additional Settings). To enable “Developer settings”, navigate to Settings > About Phone, and tap multiple times on “MIUI version”.*
Should the problem persist after you have completed the steps listed above, please follow the general troubleshooting instructions.
*) The menu paths specified here apply to MIUI 8.5 on Android 6.0. Depending on device and software version, designation and location of menu items may differ.