Problems with push notifications on Samsung devices running Android 7
If you experience problems with push notifications on a Samsung device running Android 7, please perform the following steps:
- Navigate to “Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > Power saving mode”, and turn off “Power saving mode” (or adjust the MID saving mode to enable background data usage)
- Navigate to “Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > ? > Advanced settings” and turn off “App power monitor”
- Navigate to “Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > Battery usage > ? > Optimise battery usage”, select “All apps” in the drop-down menu, and set the switch next to “Threema” to “off”
- Navigate to “Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced”, and set “Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep” to “always”
- Navigate to “Settings > Apps > Threema > Mobile data” and enable “Allow background data usage”
Should the problem persist after you have completed the steps listed above, please follow the general troubleshooting instructions.