- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How can I save (media) files?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
Problems with push notifications on Samsung devices
If your Samsung device runs Android 9 and you experience problems with push notifications, please perform the following steps:
- Navigate to “Settings > Device care > Battery”, and tap “⋮” in the top right corner
- Set all switches to the “off” position in the “App power management” section, but leave the “Notification” switch “on”
- Tap “Sleeping apps”, and delete “Threema” from the list (if present): Tap the trash-can icon, select “Threema”, and confirm by tapping “Remove”
- Set the “Optimize settings” switch in the “Settings power optimization” section to the “off” position
Future OS updates might reset these adjustments, and you might have to perform the steps listed above again.
If you experience problems with push notifications on a Samsung device running Android 7, please perform the following steps:
- Navigate to “Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > Power saving mode”, and turn off “Power saving
mode” (or adjust the MID saving mode to enable background data usage)
- Navigate to “Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > ... > Advanced settings” and turn off “App
- Navigate to “Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > Battery usage > ... > Optimise battery
usage”, select “All apps” in the drop-down menu, and set the switch next to “Threema” to “off”
- Navigate to “Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced”, and set “Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep” to
- Navigate to “Settings > Apps > Threema > Mobile data” and enable “Allow background data usage”
Should the problem persist after you have completed the steps listed above, please follow the general troubleshooting instructions.