- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why canâ€™t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message â€śMaster key is unlockedâ€ť mean?
- How can I save (media) files?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to â€śAndroid Backupâ€ť?
- What happened to the cameraâ€™s features?
Problems with push notifications on Huawei devices
If you experience problems with push notifications on your Huawei device, please perform the following steps.
- Reboot your phone.
- Navigate to â€śSettings > About Threema > Troubleshooting > Fix device configuration problemsâ€ť in Threema.
- Select â€śDisable power restrictionsâ€ť, and follow the on-screen instructions
- Select â€śEnable background dataâ€ť, and follow the on-screen instructions
- EMUI 9 (on Android 9)
- Navigate to Settings > Battery, and make sure that the following options are all deactivated: â€śPerformance modeâ€ť, â€śPower Saving modeâ€ť, and â€śUltra Power Saving modeâ€ť
- Tap on â€śApp launchâ€ť (in Settings > Battery)
- Scroll to Threema, and set the switch to the Off position
- A dialog containing three options appears (â€śAuto-launchâ€ť, â€śSecondary launchâ€ť, and â€śRun in backgroundâ€ť): Make sure that all three options are activated, and confirm by tapping â€śOKâ€ť
- Older EMUI versions
If you donâ€™t use EMUI 9, please perform the following steps. The specified menu paths apply to EMUI 5.0 on Android 7.0. Depending on device and OS version, designation and location of menu items may differ.
- Battery saving mode: Navigate to â€śSettings > Battery > Close apps after screen lockâ€ť, and set â€śThreemaâ€ť to â€śDonâ€™t closeâ€ť
- Activate background data: Navigate to â€śSettings > Apps > Threema > Data usageâ€ť, scroll down, and set â€śBackground dataâ€ť to â€śallowedâ€ť
Should the problem persist after you have completed the steps listed above, please follow the general troubleshooting instructions.