- Differences between Threema, Threema Work, and Threema OnPrem
- Parallel use
- Switching to or from Threema Work
Differences between Threema, Threema Work, and Threema OnPrem
Threema Work is tailored to the use in organizations and offers numerous benefits over the consumer version of Threema, especially in terms of administration, user management, app distribution, and preconfiguration. Threema Work allows to:
- Acquire and distribute platform-independent licenses
- Manage users
- Preconfigure the app for your users
- Define policies for the app’s use
- Detach or revoke IDs when staff changes occur
- Prevent access to future chats when employees leave the company
- Manage the users’ contact list
- And much more
The Threema and the Threema Work app are compatible and are generally identical as far as features are concerned. Both Threema and Threema Work are compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Threema OnPrem is the self-hosted version of the SaaS solution Threema Work. When using the on-premises version, all data is stored on a company server, which translates to complete data ownership as well as the highest level of security and total control over every aspect of the communication tool.