- What is Threema Safe and how do I enable it?
- Which data does a Threema Safe backup contain?
- How often does Threema Safe create a backup, and how long will it be preserved?
- What makes Threema Safe secure?
- How do I restore a Threema Safe backup?
- How do I store my Threema Safe backup on my own server?
- How can I change or reset the password of my Threema Safe backup?
How often does Threema Safe create a backup, and how long will it be preserved?
Provided that changes were made to the data to be backed up and an Internet connection is established, Threema Safe creates a backup approximately every 24 hours. Each backup replaces the previous one.
You can manually trigger the backup process:
- Android: Tap the three dots in the top right corner, select “Backups”, and tap “Backup now”.
- iOS: Navigate to My Profile > Threema Safe, and tap on “Backup now”.
If the Threema app on your device doesn’t connect to the Threema server for 180 days, your backup will be deleted automatically from the server. To manually delete your Threema Safe backup, simply disable Threema Safe in My Backups > Threema Safe.