- Is there a group chat feature?
- How can I leave or delete a group?
- Can members be added to/deleted from an existing group?
- Trouble with group chats — What can I do?
- Why are my groups missing after importing an exported ID?
- Can administrator privileges be transferred or granted to multiple users?
- How do I mention a member of a group?
- How can I adjust the notification settings for group chats?
How can I leave or delete a group?
As group administrator, you can delete a group at once, without having to remove all members manually. Please note: After you have deleted a group, other group members can’t use it anymore.
To delete a group, open it, tap on the group’s name in the title bar, open the menu and select “Delete group”,
As a regular group member, you cannot delete a group, but you can leave it. Please
note: When leaving a group, the group messages will not be deleted. To leave a group, open it, tap on the group’s
name in the title bar, open the menu and select “Leave group”.
To remove the chat from your chat list and
delete the chat history, tap and hold the chat, and then tap the trash-bin icon.
Groups created by an iOS user are deleted as soon as the last member has left the group.
To leave a group on iOS, swipe the group from right to left (in the chat list or in the group list), and tap “Delete”.