- Is there a group chat feature?
- How can I leave or delete a group?
- Can members be added to/deleted from an existing group?
- Trouble with group chats — What can I do?
- Why are my groups missing after importing an exported ID?
- Can administrator privileges be transferred or granted to multiple users?
- How do I mention a member of a group?
- How can I adjust the notification settings for group chats?
How can I adjust the notification settings for group chats?
Default notification settings for group chats
The default notification settings apply to all group chats for which no individual notification settings are defined.
- Android: In Threema, navigate to Settings > Notifications to adjust the default notification settings for
- iOS: In Threema, navigate to Settings > Sound & Notifications to adjust the default notification settings
for group chats.
Individual notification settings for group chats
Individual notification settings override the default notification settings and can be adjusted for each group chat separately.
- Android: Open the desired group chat, tap “⋮” in the top right corner, and select “Notification settings”. Set an individual notification sound for the group chat or mute the group chat (permanently or for a specified duration). If you set “Do not disturb” to “On, unless I was mentioned”, you will only be notified of messages in which you are mentioned. Learn how to customize notification sounds.
- iOS: Please refer to the FAQ article on individual notification settings in iOS.