Why are sessions not being saved?
If sessions are not saved despite using a session password, browser settings might prevent the data necessary for restoring sessions from being stored locally.
Please adjust your browser settings as follows:
- Enter “chrome://settings/content/cookies” in the URL bar, and press Enter
- Add “web.threema.ch” as hostname pattern, and set “Allow” as behavior
- Restart Chromium/Google Chrome
- Enter “about:preferences#privacy” in the URL bar, and press Enter
- If, in the “History” section, “Never remember history” is set, change this setting to “Use custom settings for history”
- Click the “Exceptions” button next to “Accept cookies from sites”
- As “Address of website”, enter “https://web.threema.ch/”, and click “Allow” and then “Save Changes”
- If (in the “History” section) “Clear history when Firefox closes” is activated, click the “Settings” button; if “Cookies” is checked, uncheck it and confirm by clicking “OK”
- Restart Firefox
Other useful topics