- What is Threema Web?
- How do I use Threema on a desktop computer?
- What are the system requirements for Threema Web?
- What features does Threema Web offer?
- What is a session and what is the purpose of the session password?
- What’s special about Threema Web?
- How does Threema Web work?
- In which languages is Threema Web available?
- Where can I find Threema Web’s source code?
- Why does establishing a connection to Threema Web fail?
- Why are sessions not being saved?
- How can I enable desktop notifications for Threema Web?
- What to do if the connection to Threema Web is slow or drops frequently?
- Why does re-establishing a connection to Threema Web fail?
What is a session and what is the purpose of the session password?
To use Threema Web without having to scan the QR code each time, you can set a session password.
On web.threema.ch, enter a session password before scanning the displayed QR code. To use Threema Web the next time on the same computer, you can simply enter this password (instead of scanning the QR code again).
This way, it’s also possible to use Threema if your mobile device isn’t present (provided it’s connected to the Internet).
The different sessions are listed in the Threema app, where you can remove and rename them.