- What does the name “Threema” stand for?
- What makes Threema special?
- What is a Threema ID?
- On which operating systems and devices can I use Threema?
- Is Threema available in my language?
- Is Threema suitable for business use?
- Are there special offers for educational institutions and NGOs?
What makes Threema special?
Threema is the world’s best-selling secure messenger. It sets itself apart from others in the following respects:
- Guaranteed privacy: Threema is designed to generate as little data on servers as
- Full anonymity: You are not forced to provide any personal information
(such as your phone number or email address) in order to use Threema.
- Open source: To provide full transparency, the Threema apps are open source.
Anyone knowledgeable enough can confirm Threema’s security on their own.
- Optional contact synchronization: It’s not necessary to grant access to the address book in order to use Threema.
- Comprehensive encryption: In Threema, all your communications are end-to-end
encrypted – not just text messages and voice and video calls but also group chats, media files, and even status
- Rich functionality: Threema is versatile and feature-rich.
Find out how Threema stacks up against other messengers like WhatsApp, Signal, or Telegram in the comprehensive messenger comparison.