- What does the name “Threema” stand for?
- What makes Threema special?
- What is a Threema ID?
- On which operating systems and devices can I use Threema?
- Is Threema available in my language?
- Is Threema suitable for business use?
- Are there special offers for educational institutions and NGOs?
- Does Threema use renewable energy?
- Why isn’t Threema free of charge?
What does the name “Threema” stand for?
Threema started life as an abbreviation: “EEEMA,” for “End-to-End Encrypted Messaging Application.” The three “E”s were a bit unwieldy, so it became “Threema.”