- How can I give away Threema?
- How can I reinstall Threema without paying again?
- Can I move the purchased app between operating systems?
- Where can I buy Threema?
- Is there an age restriction for Threema?
- How can I purchase and distribute multiple Threema licenses?
- How can I install or update Threema from the Threema-Shop?
How can I install or update Threema from the Threema-Shop?
If you purchase the Threema app from the Threema Shop, you may have to adjust your device’s security settings in order to install and/or update the app.
Android 8 and newer
- If the dialog “For security reasons, you cannot install unknown apps from this source on your smartphone” is displayed after downloading the APK file from the Threema Shop, tap on “Settings”, and activate “Trust this source”.
Android 7 and older
- Activate “Unknown sources” in your device’s security settings.
- It is recommended to deactivate “Unknown sources” once you have installed Threema.