For what types of medical facilities is Threema Work suitable?
Threema Work is ideal for secure and efficient communication in medical institutions such as doctors’ offices, clinics, pharmacies, and it’s also perfectly suited for home care. Our business messenger allows your medical facility’s staff to exchange medical reports in a secure, efficient, and privacy-compliant manner.
To learn more, visit the healthcare subsite.
Ceci peut également être utile
Instant messaging is an immediate and effortless means for information exchange, and it has become an integral part of today’s business communication. Instant messaging simplifies communication, improves collaboration, expedites workflows, and increases productivity. It is the most popular communication tool.
Risks of conventional chat solutions
Many of the apps that are used for business purposes don’t meet legal data-privacy requirements. Often used under the radar as “shadow IT,” messengers like WhatsApp pose several risks:
- Unrestricted access to user data (such as contacts, metadata, locations, etc.) must be granted
- Third parties can gain access to this data
- The encryption used in them is not verifiable
- There is no means for administration and user management
- Legal requirements are not met
- There is no strict separation between personal and professional communication
To find out how Threema differs from WhatsApp in terms of security and data protection, please refer to this in-depth comparison.
Threema Work offers all features expected from a professional business messenger. No other messenger offers a comparable level of security, metadata restraint, and confidentiality. Overview of key advantages:
- Clear distinction between personal and professional communication
- Top-grade security and data protection
- Compliance with Swiss and European data protection laws
- State-of-the-art app with numerous features
- User-friendly management cockpit for administration and user management
- Easy integration into MDM systems
Threema is trusted by millions. It is a cost-efficient and simple way to make the communication of your employees, partners, and customers secure, privacy-compliant, and professionally manageable.
Before the Threema Work app can be used, it must be activated using credentials:
- Log in at https://work.threema.ch/en/login, select a subscription, and set the credentials for your users in the “Credentials” section.
- On your mobile phone, download the free app “Threema Work” from the appropriate app store.
- Launch the Threema Work app, and enter the credentials you have defined in the first step above.
Learn how to deploy the Threema Work app to your users.
Gain useful insights about Threema Work’s dashboard.
To transfer data when switching phones, you can either use Threema Safe or create a data backup. Please note, however, that not all backup types contain the same data. In the following documents, you will find detailed information about which backup to use in which situation:
Threema Work is the ideal communication tool for almost every industry and sector, e.g., the retail sector, the automotive industry, tourism, industrial companies, and public authorities. Threema Work is also popular with the security and the healthcare sector and every other area where fast and secure information exchange is a top priority.
An overview of different use cases in a wide range of industries can be found in the Success Stories.
Thank you for your interest in testing the beta version of Threema Work. In order to participate in the beta program, it’s required that you have installed the regular Threema Work app and activated it using credentials.
Be sure to create a backup before installing the beta version!
If you want to leave the beta program and use the regular Threema Work version again, please contact support via “Settings > Beta Feedback” or at
help at threema dot ch.