- What makes Threema secure?
- How does Threema compare to other messengers?
- What’s special about Threema’s privacy protection?
- Which data gets stored at Threema?
- Is Threema open source?
- Are messages stored in encrypted form on my device?
- Could you decrypt my messages, for example if you were required to by law enforcement?
- How do you protect yourself against man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks with Threema?
- Where are the servers located?
- Will my address book data be sent to your servers?
- How does Threema audit its code?
- How and where is my key pair generated?
- Is the use of Threema compliant with privacy laws?
- How can I find out which data is stored about my ID on Threema’s server?
- What kind of data is transmitted via push notification services?
How can I find out which data is stored about my ID on Threema’s server?
To retrieve your ID’s inventory data that’s stored on the Threema server, simply send “info” to the Threema ID
*MY3DATA, and you’ll immediately receive a reply in machine-readable form (JSON).
If you’re reading this page on the device where Threema is installed, simply open the following link, and then tap “Send”: https://threema.id/%2AMY3DATA?text=info
Explanation of the JSON keys:
- publicKey: Base64 coded
- issueDate: date of ID creation
- lastLogin: date of last login
- mobileNoHash: hash of linked phone number
- emailHash: hash of linked email address
- featureMask: bit mask of features supported by the Threema version in use
- 0x01: Audio messages
- 0x02: Group chat
- 0x04: Polls
- 0x08: File transfer
- 0x10: Calls
- 0x20: Video calls
- pushtoken/voippushtoken: Push token of the push services in use (GCM/FCM, APNS, WNS)
- pushsound/pushgroupsound: name of the chosen sound file for push messages (not used on all platforms)
- revocationKey: information about revocation password, if set
Editable inventory data can be modified or deleted at any time in the Threema app (in the “My ID” tab) with immediate effect (see this FAQ article for more information). To permanently delete your Threema ID’s inventory data, please revoke your ID.