- What are Threema calls?
- What are the system requirements for Threema calls?
- How do I place a voice or a video call?
- How can I disable Threema calls?
- What is the bit rate of Threema calls?
- I hear my own voice as an echo – what can I do?
- How secure are Threema calls?
- Threema calls: What do those sounds mean?
- How do I adjust the image quality of video calls?
How do I place a voice or a video call?
Establish a voice call
Select the desired contact in your contact list, and tap the phone icon in the title bar (Android), or tap “Threema call” (iOS). Alternatively, tap the phone icon in a chat’s title bar.
Video transmission can be enabled at any time during an ongoing call. Once a Threema call is established, both parties can independently enable and disable video transmission by tapping the camera icon. This is to say that it’s possible to conduct one-way video calls.
Please note that the system requirements must be met by both the caller’s and the callee’s device in order to make voice or video calls.