- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How do I save received media (photos/videos/audios)?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
Problems with push notifications on Huawei devices
If you experience problems with push notifications on a Huawei device, please perform the following steps.
- Reboot your phone.
- Navigate to “Settings > About Threema > Troubleshooting > Fix device configuration problems” in Threema.
- Select “Disable power restrictions”, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select “Enable background data”, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Battery saving mode
Make sure that Threema is allowed to be active when your screen is locked. Navigate to “Settings > Battery > Close apps after screen lock”, and set “Threema” to “Don’t close”. Depending on device and software version, designation and location of this menu item can differ.
Activate background data
Navigate to “Settings > Apps > Threema > Data usage”, scroll down, and set “Background data” to “allowed”.*
Should the problem persist after you have completed the steps listed above, please follow the general troubleshooting instructions.
*) The menu paths specified here apply to EMUI 5.0 on Android 7.0. Depending on device and software version, designation and location of menu items may differ.