- How can I give Threema permission to access my photos?
- Why am I not receiving any push notifications or experiencing delays?
- Why is the sender’s name sometimes missing in push notifications?
- How can I share files using Threema on iOS?
- Which iOS versions are supported?
- How can I adjust the font size?
- How can I adjust notification settings for individual chats?
- “This app is no longer shared with you” – what can I do?
The database update keeps aborting. What can I do?
Sometimes when new versions of Threema for iOS are released, a database update is necessary. This will be performed automatically upon the first start of the new version, and may take a few minutes if there is a large number of saved messages.
If the database update cannot be completed or Threema crashes during the update, please try the following:
- Ensure that there is enough free space on your device (Settings > General > About); we recommend 1 GB or more.
- Reboot your iPhone, enable flight mode and start Threema.
- If the database update crashes again, it is likely that the message database is corrupted (e.g. due to prior crashes of the phone, manual closing of the app etc.). In this case, unfortunately only a reinstallation will help (delete the app and reinstall it from the App Store). Your Threema ID will stay the same; however saved messages/contacts will be lost. Don't forget to re-enable the contact synchronization in Threema privacy settings after reinstallation if desired.