- Why do I only receive messages once I open the app?
- Which Android version is required?
- Which permissions are used under Android, and for what purpose?
- Can I buy/use Threema without a Google account?
- Why does the synchronization not work anymore after rebooting my phone?
- How can I reinstall the app without any loss of data?
- Why can’t I update the app in the Google Play Store?
- Why do I keep getting asked for the Passphrase of the Master Key?
- What does the message “Master key is unlocked” mean?
- How do I save received media (photos/videos/audios)?
- What are distribution lists?
- What is notification priority?
- What are notification channels?
- How can I customize ringtones and notification sounds?
- Xiaomi: Why is no popup displayed and no sound emitted when new messages arrive?
- What happened to “Android Backup”?
- What happened to the camera’s features?
Why does Threema stop when synchronizing contacts after an update?
An error in certain Android versions can lead to a loss of the contact sync account after a Threema update. Afterwards, it is no longer possible to synchronize contacts in Threema. The problem only appears if Threema has been moved to the SD card.
If you are affected by this problem, simply restart your phone after the update. The sync account will be recreated automatically